Friends, I am so very excited to announce that I have recently been nominated for the Liebster Award! Kristen at Blue Faced Momma so sweetly nominated my little blog and I couldn’t possibly be more thankful or more honored. Stop by her wonderful blog and show her some love!
So what is the Liebster Award? The Liebster award is an award given to bloggers by other bloggers. It is a way to be discovered, a way to connect, and a way to show support to others in the blogging community. With as vast as the blogging community is, I am completely in awe that I was chosen to receive this award. Thank you, Kristen. A million times, thank you!
As part of the award recipient rules, Kristen asked me 11 questions about myself, so here goes :
- If you could do any job in the world, what would it be? Professional homeschooler/homemaker. Haha! Don’t get me wrong, I love my job as a music teacher. I love being my own boss, and the flexibility that comes with that. However, I hate leaving my kiddos and husband each evening. I long to stay home with my family each night, and Lord willing, that will happen one day soon!
- What is your favorite food? Oh gosh! There is so much food to choose from! I love Italian food, (pasta is my friend!), and Mexican food! (chips, salsa, and guacamole are my go-to snack!)
- What is the best thing you’ve ever experienced? Being a wife and mom. Hands down. Its been challenging, and hair raising, and there have been many days when I want to run away to some secluded island where no one can find me, but I wouldn’t change it for anything! Being a wife and mom has changed me for the better. It has challenged me and has forced me out of my comfort zone. Watching my children grow, learn, and overcome struggles and obstacles brings me more joy than I can explain. There is nothing quite like it!
- What encouraged you to start blogging? My blog actually started as a way to share our homeschooling journey, and to encourage others in theirs. As I got going, I started to learn different ways that I could generate an income from it, (which would allow me to stay home full time), and since then I have opened a store on my site. My ultimate desire is to encourage, and share our lives with everyone. An income may or may not come, and I’m happy either way. I love to blog. I love to connect with other bloggers. I’m looking forward to new friendships, and new opportunities.
- What is your favorite season and why? Fall. I love the colors, I love the slight weather change (I live in Southern California so our weather never changes too drastically), and I love that the holidays are quickly approaching. Something about pumpkins, hot apple cider, and cooler weather makes my heart happy!
- What is your dream car? I would love a newer model Honda Pilot. We currently have a 2008 Pilot and love it! I would love a brand new one!
- What do you do for fun? We love to go to the zoo, to the beach, and to Disneyland. We really just love to jump in the car and drive somewhere as a family. Sometimes even pizza and movie nights turn into the most fun of evenings.
- Are you a morning person or a night owl? Night owl all the way. I love the idea of mornings, but you’d have a better chance of giving a T-Rex a manicure than getting me out of my cozy bed each day.
- What’s one thing you’ve done to improve your life this year? I have learned to say no. We have toned down our school year dramatically this year. My goal this year was to keep our days simple, and to keep our time at home a priority. It’s been a hard adjustment for me. I am notorious for over extending myself. And yet putting more effort into staying home has made all the difference in the world!
- What is the greatest act of kindness you have personally experienced/seen? We have faced our share of trials and tragedy this school year. In the midst of our heartache, our friends have rallied around us. They have prayed over us, they have given of their own resources, they have swept in and babysat our boys without being asked, they have listened to our hearts with tears in their own eyes, and they have given of their own time just to be there for us. Words will never express just how much these acts of genuine kindness have meant to our family.
- If you could go anywhere, right now, where would you go? Oh, so many places!! For starters, I would go to Ohio to visit our family. I would love to visit New York, Hawaii, London, and Italy, just to name a few.
Now that I have been nominated for this wonderful award, it is time for me to share the love and nominate a few other bloggers as well. Here’s my list of nominees :
Becky at Homeschool ‘n Stuff
Becky shares her day to day life as a homeschooling mother in such a fun and creative way! Her kiddos are super blessed to have such a wonderful and dedicated mom teaching them each day!
Jennifer at Hifalutin Homeschooler
Jennifer is a fellow homeschool mom with a fantastic sense of humor! I absolutely love reading her blog!
Alicia at Big Black Trash Bag
Alicia is a single, hard working, homeschooling mama of two. I love her perspective on life, and the truths she shares on her blog!
Lindsey at Side By Side Learning
Lindsey is a soon to be mother of three little ones. I love her posts on schooling her littles! Her wonderful insights make me wish my own three were small again!
Charise at Holding Onto Hope
Charise shares her life as a homeschooling mother of 4 who battles Multiple Sclerosis. Her joy in her journey is inspiring and contagious!
For the official rules of the Liebster Award, click here.
11 Questions for my nominees :
- If you could have any super power, what would you choose and why?
- Where is your favorite place to be?
- What do you hope to be most remembered for?
- What do you do for fun?
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
- What encouraged you to start blogging?
- Where did you grow up?
- What is one goal you have for yourself?
- If you could have any job in the world, which job would you choose?
- What is your favorite memory from your childhood and why?
- What is the best thing you’ve ever experienced?
Ok, friends! Go on and find your own nominees! And once again, thank you Kristen at Blue Faced Momma for my nomination!! I am truly honored!!