Being your mom has been the greatest privilege and blessing of my life. It has also been the most difficult job of my life. I watch you as you grow each day. I’m amazed at the wonderful young men that you are growing into. I rejoice when you rejoice, I burst with pride at your accomplishments, and I cry in your heartbreaks. I often stay up at night, long after you have fallen asleep, and I pray that I am the mom that you need me to be. I pray that God would use me to minister to you each day. And I pray that you would grow closer in your relationship with Him.
You each have changed me in your own ways. You each have challenged me. You have pushed me to be better. I will always be grateful to you, my sweet boys, for this. I watch you, as you interact with others. Your genuine sweetness and compassion toward others moves me to my core. Each of you has endured your own obstacles, and it has made you stronger. Do you see that? I hope you do! Do you know how very proud I am of you three? Oh boys, I hope with all my heart that you do!
Truth be told, guys, I’m sad that you’re not my little babies anymore. Our lives were crazy, messy, loud, and chaotic when you were small. But I knew that we still had many years to go, and even in the chaos, I held onto our precious time together. Now it seems, that you are growing much too quickly. I love this stage in your lives and the relationships I have with you all. But, if I could stop time right now, I would.
As you have grown, your dad and I have always strived to impart truth, morality, love, and virtue in your lives. My hope and prayer has always been that you hide these things in your hearts. But here are a few more words of advice to help you as you mature :
- Keep your relationship with God a priority in your life. Boys, this is so very important. Our world can be a scary place, especially when our focus isn’t where it should be. Keep your eyes on God! Above ALL else! Hold fast to your relationship with HIM no matter where life takes you.
- Work hard.
- Be honest.
- Never give up! No matter how difficult something may be, don’t give up!!
- Maintain a close relationship with your brothers. You three have always been the best of friends. Don’t lose that closeness! Life may take you to far away places, but you don’t have to lose contact! You always have each other.
- Remember that you can always come home. No matter what you have done, or where you have drifted to, you can always come home. Always. No matter what.
- Always remember that we love you. Raising you three has been the best part of our lives. Never ever forget that. Nothing you can do will ever change our love for you. You have it forever.
Boys, I am excited to see where God will lead you as you grow. I’m thrilled with anticipation of how you will use your amazing talents. You are each so very talented. I love you, boys. I will forever be grateful to God for giving you three to me. Even at times when I feel that I’m failing you, He has always been faithful to show me that I’m not. You each bless me in more ways than I can describe.
I love you always and forever,